GENERAL RULES FOR SAFE USE OF THE LABORATORIES
The rules listed below are the general rules applicable to the laboratories within the MEF University Faculty of Engineering.
- Obey all the safety procedures imposed by the instructor.
- Do not enter the laboratories with food or drink, cigarette smoking is prohibited.
- Do not run any experiment without permission.
- Do not begin working or gathering supplies and equipment until your instructor is present.
- Do not touch any equipment or supplies without specific authorization.
- Never work alone.
- Do not keep the laboratory door open.
- Tools and equipment should only be used for their designated purposes.
- Report immediately all damaged or broken equipment to the instructor.
- Report immediately unsafe conditions, unusual odors and personal injuries to the instructor.
- Keep your work area clean and uncluttered.
- Keep all aisles free at all times; do not use corridors for storage or work areas.
- Keep personal belongings below the table and out of the working area.
- Clean up your work area before leaving.
- Use protective equipment such as gowns, gloves and goggles as needed.
- Do not work with wet hands.
- Avoid wearing jewelry in the labs.
- Tie back long hair and wear closed-toed shoes when working in the laboratory.
- Be careful when lifting heavy objects.
- Cell phone or ear phone usage is not allowed during experimental operations.
- Avoid diverting or upsetting persons working in the laboratory.
- When working in teams, everyone should be informed about the processes carried out in parallel and dangerous situations that may arise from lack of information should be prevented.
- Make note of locations of fire extinguishers, eyewash stations, first aid cabinet and emergency shower.
- Make note of the emergency exit routes.
CONTACT MEF University Public Safety immediately @
- EXT 3600 - Campus Phone
- 112 - Public Phone
- Nature of Emergency,
- Location (Building and Room Number),
- Number of people involved/injured.
When the fire alarm is activated leave the building; do not use the elevators.
|PHYSICS LABS||CHEMISTRY LAB||COMPUTER LABS|
|CIVIL ENGINEERING LAB|